Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New blogroll addition

I am adding The Stencil to the roll. Politically, it's a left-wing blog (he's a Barack Obama guy), but there are a lot of interesting posts there. I linked to it on this post, which linked to the most unwanted song ever.

However, I hope this post on there isn't true (point 1 to be specific, which linked to this Washington Post article). If Obama is being subject to racial ignorance, that is a real shame. If you don't like Obama, have a reason other than race. If that's your only reason, nothing you have to say on any topic has any meaning whatsoever. To me, that makes you an ignorant douchebag.

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

Did you read the whole WP article, Mike? Looks like they buried the lede, which is that these are isolated incidents. Of course, that's strictly dog-bites-man stuff unless a person nurses a lot of grievances and extrapolates that the presence of a few "ignorant douchebags" marks a larger trend. And I know that you're not such a person, good sir.

Perhaps the guy who runs the Stencil is. I don't know. But it's good to put people who don't agree with you politically on your blogroll, so good for you.

For the record, the reason I oppose Barack Obama is that he's utterly unqualified to be president on any number of levels.

Best,
Mark

Mike said...

Mark, I know that these are isolated incidents. The problem is, the media is going to take every instance of it and extrapolate the ignorant thoughts of a few onto anyone who does not support Obama. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if there is a mass denunciation of those people. That Post article (which I did read, by the way) is indicative of the storyline they will likely go with right until November.

As for my indignation towards the racists in this article (and to me there is no way to sugar-coat it, they are racists), there are probably many different reasons for it, not least of which being because our parents taught us well in that regard. I can't speak to the writer of The Stencil, obviously.

Douchebag...it's just a funny word to me. Hence, I referred to them as ignorant douchebags. But, I stand by that being an accurate description for those people.