Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Current song I shouldn't like, but do

So, I am starting to not have much use for new music, at least in the pop realm. Pop music is pretty bad now, hip-hop is terrible (I know many don't think it was ever good, but it was), and it seems like everything that is released is pablum for idiots.

With this in mind, I was flipping through the channels the other day and saw a video for the song "Great DJs" by a British group called the Ting Tings. Now, I know I am behind the curve these days. But, I digress. When I saw the video, I wasn't a huge fan. Then, the other day I ate at The Bulldog, a bar on Lyndale in south Minneapolis (pretty good bar food, BTW). I heard the song there on what I assume to be satellite radio. And, I liked it. Maybe it was the atmosphere, but I realized that this song is really catchy. I like this song, and that is despite the ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ees and ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ahs that are in this song. I know I shouldn't like the song, but I do.

Here's a link to the video. It's not exactly a great video, but it's not bad either. Kind of strange, actually.

No comments: