Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bush is awesome. No, Bush sucks. You wanna go?

This is what bothers me about politics. Now, I know politics isn't a spring meadow that we all skip through, hand-in-hand. But, it seems like there are two intractable sides right now. On one side, we have the Bush supporters. There aren't that many of them, but they are still there. On the other, we have the Bush-haters. Boy, do they hate Bush.

Anyway, this Jim Stingl column in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is indicative of why a lot of people (myself included) are already sick of this election. Also, in my case, I am not enthused by anyone running at all. To me, they all suck. This election is tantamount to classic World War I trench warfare. Two sides, digging their heels in, never giving an inch (because if you do, you're selling out the cause). In this case, booze was added into the mix, with wonderful results. Oh, and it was at a Brewers game. That's swell, folks!!

Now, this is not to say that politics should be all that civil. But, both sides do need to stop seeing the other as evil boogeymen who will destroy everything that makes this country great.

No comments: