Saturday, November 8, 2008

Iron Range shenanigans

Norm Coleman had a 725ish-vote lead after all the votes were counted initially. Over the past few days, that lead has dwindled to 221, courtesy of 100 votes from Mountain Iron, amongst others. Mr. D has a pretty intense post about this situation. We should be used to bitter recount situations, what with half the country believing Bush stole the 2000 election while the other half thought Gore was trying to steal it. Just recently, 32 absentee ballots from Minneapolis were ordered to be opened, which should almost certainly narrow the count by 32 more.

I am not sure what to think. Having supported Coleman in the election, of course I want him to be victorious. But, I am not going to get into a lather about this until the scenario Mr. D spelled out actually happens.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kid,

You can try to stop gravytraining off of your Big Bro's Blog now. He had the same exact thread posted at his page and on the same day too. I will have to give you some credit for at least not just cutting and pasting it word for word.

Megan Walker
Custer, South Dakota

my name is Amanda said...

Mike, I hope you understand, that there is absolutely no gravytraining to be countenanced in the blogosphere. I know. Gravy is *delicious,* and so tempting, but you must resist! Always, always check Mr. D's blog first to ensure that you are not gravytraining the same topic (because we all know that it's virtually impossible to blog about the same thing - and on the same day, too! Egads!). Please believe me, someday your OWN gravytrain will come in!!!

Anonymous said...

MNIA,

Mike and I go way back to 1986 in Papermakersburgh. I was just busting his chops. I will do that from time to time on here. He knows better. I hope that he does even after all of the misunderstandings on his Facebook Page. It is okay because I know that he will keep me in check too.

Jason

Mr. D said...

Hey, I like gravy. And I've got the physique to prove it.

Feel the love, youngblood. Feel the love.

And on an almost related topic, the word verification for this comment is "metoome." Really. That's almost Zen.

Mike said...

Nice Megan Walker reference there, prailbird...she is by far the most referenced non-celebrity in my life that I have not, and likely never will, meet. What, was Mary Patton too busy to comment? The irony here of course is your use of the word "gravytrain," which of course is gravytrained off of Jim Rome. But hey, why quibble?

I'm just happy for some traffic really...

And now, back to the Packer game.