Friday, December 12, 2008

The opposite of taking a knee

Last Friday, I posted about taking a knee. Tonight is a little different. We are celebrating a friend's birthday by eating here. I have never been there, but have been by there in the Foshay. Good God is it swanky! Full report later on....

UPDATE: If you haven't been to Manny's, I highly recommend it. I also highly recommend making sure your finances are in order before going. I dropped a lot of dough there last night, but it was pretty much worth it. The steak I ate (10 oz filet mignon) was amazing. We also had hash browns, loaded mashed potatoes (cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives...I skipped these), and sauteed mushrooms (which were wonderful...that I ate these will come as a shock to some). For dessert, we had this huge brownie with caramel, ice cream, nuts, and of course chocolate syrup. The presentation was amazing. The cuts of meat were rolled out to the table for our inspection prior to our ordering, which was cool. Overall, it's definitely not a place to eat at very often unless you have gobs of cash, but once a year or so, it is worth it.

Also, if you haven't seen the remodel of the Foshay Tower, you need to see it. They did a fabulous job making that into a hotel. It is definitely swanky, and definitely classy...classier than I am used to anyway.

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

Better than the Fried?

Mike said...

Well let's not get crazy here. Few things in the world are on that level.