Monday, December 8, 2008

200

This is the 200th post in the short history of Stinger Nation. I just want to thank anyone and everyone who has read this little 'ol blog so far. I have to say I am a little surprised at myself for hanging with this. There were definitely times I have been discouraged, and other times when I just didn't have anything to write about. I have almost shut this place down a few times. But I gotta say that seeing more comments on posts has encouraged me to keep this going. Going forward, it will probably be more of the same. I still haven't decided on a direction for this place, but then again maybe lack of direction makes things more interesting. Really, I still haven't "learned" how to write blog-style. But that's alright.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who reads my scribblings. I enjoy writing them, hopefully you will continue to enjoy (or at least tolerate) reading them.

7 comments:

Mr. D said...

That's a good milestone for you, good sir. Congratulations. Hope that the next 200 are as fruitful for you! I suspect they will be.

my name is Amanda said...

When I started my blog, I thought it would be easier and more fun than it ended up feeling at first - it was hard. I underestimated the amount of discomfort I would feel exposing my thoughts. Finally, people started commenting! And I received some particular encouragement that meant a lot to me. Now it's fun...I love doing it. I still hate it when no one comments, but I know they're reading it, when I get accusations about how I haven't blogged in a couple days (rare for me).

I'm relating these things because I identify with the weirdness of starting a blog, and developing a writing style that feels comfortable. I'm glad you kept at it - congrats on the two oh oh.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

Marge said...

Mike, I think you have your own style and I for one really like it. I don't comment often but I read a lot of what you write - you're pretty good at this, Brusker!
Congrats on 200!

Anonymous said...

I expect you to start churning them out like butter from now on. Just make fun of FIBs, those from the People's Republic of Minnesota, Trolls, and Iwegians when you can not come up with a topic. I hope that I was helpful. None of the groups of people that I mentioned ever are.

Mike said...

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. And a big thanks to Chris for linking me on the Badger Blog Alliance!

P - Stinger Nation will always have room for FIB-bashing, amongst the others you mentioned.

Gino said...

a writing style is as personal as every writer.

what you do here works.
and thats all that matters.