Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Long-haired freaky people, need not apply...

..so I took my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him why.

The NFL is looking into the possibility of forcing players to tuck their long hair into their helmets. They claim it is a safety issue, and there is a lot of truth to it, but I wonder how the Green Bay Packer secondary is going to handle this? I mean, the players in the secondary look like the Wailers (or at least the Melody Makers).

On the other hand, couldn't the NFL just establish a penalty against hair pulling? I mean, what a sissy way to get a guy!

2 comments:

Gino said...

i've never seen anybody get tackled by the hair.
in actual practice, a hair grab would be a more difficult manuever than an arm or leg grab.

methinks this has to do with 'de-thugging' the NFL. making it more wholesome looking to the viewers.
clean-cut sports heros just sell better.

Mike said...

Yeah, conformity rules. They don't call it the No Fun League for nothing.

The thing is, I don't see dreadlocks as being thuggish. Now granted, I am in the Midwest, but most people with dreads I see are too stoned to be much of a threat.