Sunday, March 30, 2008

A good week coming up

Baseball season began a couple of days ago in Japan. There is a game tonight as well. But, Opening Day is tomorrow. The Minnesota Twins open up against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Orange County, Southern California, California, United States of America. Of course, we are supposed to get about 9 inches of snow tomorrow, so it will not seem like Opening Day...more like what might be expected on the day of the Grey Cup. No matter, I will be there. This will be the second year in a row I will have gone to the opener. But, given the weather, it will be one of the few times I will be OK with being in the Jiffy Pop Dome. I am still amazed that the Twins new stadium will have no roof, nor will it be built in a way in which a retractable roof can be added later. I understand why it won't initially have a retractable roof, but to not plan for one in Minnesota is asinine. But, I digress.

But, even better than that, I get to go to the Milwaukee Brewers home opener against the San Francisco Giants on Friday. The Brewers hopefully will have slapped the Chicago Cubs around and served notice that they will be the team to beat in the NL Central. Hopefully by the time I get to Milwaukee there will only be a foot or two of snow on the ground (Milwaukee has had a particularly snowy winter, along with most of the rest of southern Wisconsin). I am really excited about this, as it is the first Brewers home opener I will have ever attended.

So, I am looking forward to this week. Any workweek that is bookended by attending baseball games is a pretty good week in my humble opinion.

No comments: