Monday, March 10, 2008

Arrested in '08??

Oh Eliot Spitzer, you couldn't keep it in your pants, could you? The governor of New York, apparently tired of the cheap to mid-range women of Albany-Schenectady-Troy, decided to go for the high-priced call girls in DC. I am sure there is a point about keeping money in the local economy, and upstate New York needs all the help it can get, but I digress. Client #9 was wiretapped while making arrangements to go to Washington for a high-priced tryst. Oh well, at least she was female and at least he didn't assume a wide stance at a bathroom at MSP, right Larry Craig? Anyway, Eliot Spitzer is best known for shaking down companies...I mean, he was best known for righting wrongs committed by evil corporations, and parlaying that into being elected governor. This is true even though most everyone knew Spitzer was only doing this to position for a gubernatorial run. While some are calling for his resignation, I think Gov. Spitzer ought to use this in his reelection campaign in 2010. He can say he's screwing hookers like corporations screw you. It would be great!!

I am really starting to think that the biggest difference between Republicans and Democrats is who they screw. I suppose that applies politically as well.

OK, I know he likely won't get arrested for this, but I liked the synergy in post titles. Deal with it!

UPDATE: I forgot to mention another great aspect of political sex scandals, that being dragging the wife with you to the press conference when you get caught. Erica Perez, usually a lifestyle blogger with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, talks about this aspect of it. I agree with every word of what she posted.

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

That's an excellent synopsis, good sir. And good find on the JS online piece. I'm going to link to this - there's no reason for me to write about this when you've said everything that needs to be said about it.

Gino said...

nice load of snark you got here.

anybody that can throw it this well deserves a spot on my roll.

(mark sent me)