Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Confession time

First, Eliot Spitzer. Now, his replacement as New York govenor, David Paterson, has admitted to several affairs (and of course he drags the Mrs. along with him to announce this).

I have decided I want to run for office in New York. I'll even move there, Hillary-style. But first, I have a confession. One time, I got a woman's phone number in Madison when I was kinda sorta having a long-distance relationship (I lived in Minnesota, she was back home). I didn't call the number ever, but I got it. Could I at least be a state rep? I'll even represent an unpopular town like Binghamton, Elmira, or even Plattsburgh. Or, would I have needed to call that number to qualify? Just wondering.

1 comment:

Mr. D said...

No, sir. If you don't actually consummate the relationship, you have to settle for Connecticut. I was going to say New Jersey, but that brings up the specter of McGreevey and I'm guessing you don't want that.