Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2008 Milwaukee Brewers

In my blogging absence, the Milwaukee Brewers managed to do something they haven't done since I was in 1st grade (incidentally my only year of Catholic school)....make the postseason!! As most know, the Brewers got bounced by the Philadelphia Phillies 3 games to 1. Of course, it's nothing new for Wisconsin-based teams to get bounced by Philly teams. 4th and 26, anyone? How about all those Bucks teams that kept running into the Sixers? I suspect that if Philly or a nearby suburb ever gets an AHL team, they would beat the Milwaukee Admirals in a playoff series (I said it this way because Milwaukee will likely never get the NHL). I think you could also throw in the Philadelphia Kixx beating the Milwaukee Wave at indoor soccer at some point.

But, the 2008 season was a good season overall except for September. The Brewers made a big move to get CC Sabathia, and their young roster came together decently for a good chunk of the season. So, I want to thank Mark Attanasio, Doug Melvin, and the Brewers team for giving me hope that postseason baseball can be played in Wisconsin. Now, let's try to get back before 2034.

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

Sign CC. Back up the Brinks truck. He's the real deal and if he returns and Gallardo is healthy, the Brewers will be right there.

Mike said...

I would love it if Attanasio would pony up the money to sign CC. The rotation would be in really good shape if they did. CC, Gallardo, Parra, Bush, and Suppan....however, I just don't see it happening.