Saturday, June 21, 2008

What a waste!

This article in my hometown paper talks about how some kid has the dream bedroom. I was going to go off on a diatribe about how too many parents coddle their children and cater to their every whim. But, then I remembered...the sap dad who did this is going to have to paint it all over in a couple of years when his kid decides that it's really lame. So, I'm glad you took the time to paint the ceiling with constellations present on the day of the kid's birth. Sucker!

I guess posters of athletes and stuff like that isn't enough anymore. I didn't know how deprived I was to only have framed photos of Eric Davis and Michael Jordan in my room along with my Brewers pennant.

I guess the economy isn't that bad if we can afford silliness like this.

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

The kid is going to turn out Goth and paint the whole thing black, of course.

So that poster in your room was Eric Davis? I thought it was Eric Sevareid....

Mike said...

Mark, you're confused. The Eric Sevareid poster was in my college apartment. Eric Sevareid posters are standard issue when you get into the J-school at the U.