Sunday, June 1, 2008

10 miles plus

It was a beautiful day in Minneapolis today, so I knew that I didn't want to be cooped up inside. That also meant that I didn't necessarily want to work out indoors. So, I decided to go for a long walk. It turned out to be really long. I went from my apartment near downtown, walked down Franklin Ave to Hennepin Ave, turned down Hennepin and walked to Lake St, then walked to one of my favorite spots in the city during summer, Lake Calhoun. The walk to the lake was 2.25 miles according to Yahoo! Maps. The trail that goes around the lake is 3.1 miles. I took two laps around the lake, then walked back home.

Actually, this was closer to 11 miles. I have never walked that much in one day in my life. But, I did it! Now, there are caveats to this, one being that I stopped for a quick lunch, and was also subject to traffic lights, so there were little breaks in the action. But, I am still happy I was able to do this.

No comments: