Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Buhloone Mind State

Just to let people know where my head is at these days...I have been thinking about some "life" stuff. I had a cousin pass away recently. Losing people in my own generation, despite most of them being quite older than me, is somewhat unnerving. I have had some good changes in my own life as of late, such as getting promoted at work. Also, I am moving soon...not too far away, just a few blocks from my current pad. It will reduce my expenses, which is good. But, with all this change in my life, some things have frustratingly remained the same. I won't necessarily get into them here, but I think most people who know me probably know what I am getting at. So, if I seem a little melancholy over the next few days, or don't post much, it will likely be because I am in fairly deep thought about some things. I think some of what I have written lately is also a little less than chipper. I am not depressed overall or anything, so no worries there. If any of this inspires good posts, I will put them out there. Things come around. They usually do. As for the title of this post...

Buhloone Mind State is an album by De La Soul, their 3rd album. A lot of the youthful exuberance of their previous work was not there on this album, but it's a good album anyway.

No comments: