Saturday, January 17, 2009

What is Stinger doing tonight?

Oh, not much...just going to see these guys play against the Anaheim Ducks. It has taken 33 years, but I am finally going to my first NHL game tonight. I'll be in the upper level, but I'll be there.

Details to follow...needless to say, I am excited.

UPDATE: Anaheim beat the Wild 3-0. The Ducks defense and goaltending were sensational tonight. The Wild had their chances, but they were frequently out of position, and the defense forced the Wild to the edges most of the game. It didn't help that Andrew Brunette got hurt in the 2nd period. Derek Boogaard was on the ice quite a bit because of this.

As for the arena, it is outstanding. I have been there a couple of times for either concerts or for the MN high school hockey tournament, so I knew that even the upper deck seats are good. But, the Wild put on a show. And, the way hockey in Minnesota is celebrated there is very cool. The crowd was definitely into the game, even though the Wild didn't give us much to celebrate.

Still, I kinda prefer the atmosphere at college hockey games. But, I will definitely go to another Wild game at some point.

No comments: