Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tubby Time!!!

I won't talk a lot of trash about the Badgers here...but that was a gritty win the Gophers had over Wisconsin tonight. To come back from 14 down in the 2nd half and win it in overtime was huge!! I know my Badger fan readers don't like it, but tonight was a defining win for a Gopher basketball squad that is really coming together. You don't beat Bucky Badger at the Kohl Center. But, the Gophers did tonight!!

I am so happy idiotic Kentucky fans ran Tubby out of Lexington. We like him just fine up here in Minnesota!

Rah-rah-rah for Ski-U-Mah!!!!

3 comments:

Mr. D said...

Congratulations, good sir. Tubby is a good hire and the rivalry should be a lot more fun for you going forward.

But hey, my beloved Beloit Bucs are sporting a stellar 3-8 record. So I got that goin' for me.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stinger! I still hope that Bucky returns the favor later on this year. It does not look that way, but you just never know. Kentucky Fan's are stupid. I would like to come up with a name that dumbs down Kentucky, but it can not be done. It is Kentucky so I do not have to. I think the fact that other places use Kentucky to have their areas reflect the fact that they are reminded of the Bluegrass State says it all. Rivertucky, Motucky...

Marge said...

Yeah, Mikey, you are being very diplomatic. Thank you. That game was a rollercoaster ride for sure. Gotta give it up to the Pesky Gophers - they pulled together when they needed to and the Badgers looked like they didn't know what hit them. A couple of guys sitting near us at the game were grousing about the officiating, but I thing they should have been more concerned about the playing... oh well. Congrats Goldie!

And Go Beloit Bucs! I guess... :)