Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 - Weren't we just soaking in it?

As I recover from New Year's Eve/birthday activities, I am feeling a bit reflective. 2008 was quite the year, wasn't it? This wasn't a good year for a lot of people, for reasons that are well-covered elsewhere. For me, 2008 was a pretty good year.

- I got promoted at work, which finally makes me feel like I have a career
- I was able to travel to Denver, Houston, and South Bend, IN (which I blogged about here)
- I got to go home a couple of times
- I went to 12 baseball games, including the Twins and Brewers season opener. Also, I got to see CC Sabathia pitch in person for the Brewers
- I started this blog, which is proving more and more to be a good decision
- I have been able to reconnect with old friends and make some new ones
- Finally, I got a new computer last weekend, which is a good way to end the year

There are other things that happened in my life that were good. Not all was good though, as my sister-in-law lost her brother, who was a good man with one of the greatest laughs of all time.

So, hopefully 2009 will be a good year for me. Hopefully it will be a better year for all of us!

No comments: