Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reunited, and it feels so...hey, where is everyone??

So I had my 15-year class reunion last weekend. We had it 28 miles from where we went to high school (went to Kimberly High School, had the reunion in Oshkosh), but I have to say that a rooftop patio with a great view of Lake Winnebago is pretty good. And, it was a beautiful evening weather-wise. Anyway, I don't think my class has figured out the whole reunion thing yet. My five-year reunion had about 30% attendance. We didn't have a ten-year, and the 15-year reunion had about 25% attendance. So, we are struggling with the general concept of a reunion. Hopefully we will collectively figure it out in the future.

But, I do have to say that it was the right 25%. With a few exceptions, pretty much everyone I was interested in seeing was there. It was a reunion of old friends as much as it was classmates. I was at least friendly with everyone there back in high school, and they were all great to be around last weekend. If nothing else, hopefully I can have a fuller social calendar whenever I go back to Appleton.

4 comments:

my name is Amanda said...

"...we are struggling with the general concept of a reunion." Haha! Where did you get your education again?

Just kidding. Glad you had fun. The view sounds lovely. I loved my 10-year. I'm pretty sure the attendance was around 30%. Some people just don't like going back, I guess.

There's this argument that Facebook is going to wipe out traditional reunions. I can see it. Glad I had mine before FB got really big.

Gino said...

i dont do reunions. sheesh, as if 4 yrs of those morons wasnt enough?

count me out.

Mike said...

I am not sure about Facebook ending the traditional reunion. In fact, Facebook is a big reason I went to mine. Otherwise, I think some work would have had to go into finding me on the part of my classmates. I pretty much lost touch with all but a few of my classmates.

my name is Amanda said...

Actually, that is a very good point, Mike. Hmmm.