Monday, June 22, 2009

Quiz time, suckas!!

When I first started at my current job, I ended up reading Isaac Asimov's Super Quiz every morning to my co-workers (mostly because when someone else did it, I answered too many questions and ruined the fun). I announced when it was time to do the quiz by saying the subject line of this post.

But, we aren't doing the Super Quiz. This is kind of a twist on the "Last 5, Next 5." Instead of just listing the songs, I am going to put down a line of lyrics, and you will tell me what the next five songs are (really, last five as I have to listen to them first). This should be pretty easy, as I am on a pop song kick of late (or cheeseball song kick, depending on perspective). I make no guarantees that you will like any of these.

1. "All around the world, statues crumble for me."
2. "I remember standing on the corner at midnight, trying to get my courage up."
3. "Why is the bedroom so cold, turned away on your side?"
4. "We don't follow fashion, that would be a joke."
5. "Never trust a big butt and a smile."

Good luck...shouldn't be too hard.

UPDATE: Here are the answers:

1. "Fly" by Sugar Ray.
2. "Main Street" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
3. "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division
4. "Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant

And, the elusive answer to #5...."Poison" by Bell Biv DeVoe. I am kinda disappointed in Amanda for not getting this one. Something tells me that song played at her school dances back in the day. Lord knows it played at mine.

11 comments:

Mr. D said...

I can do 2, 3 and 4.

2 is Main Street by Bob Seger
3 is Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division, I think.
4 is Goody Too Shoes by Adam Ant

Don't know the others and would prefer not to Google it.

Gerry said...

The first one is a Sugar Ray song -- maybe "Fly" or something like that...

my name is Amanda said...

The only one I got was the first - definitely "Fly," Gerry.

Ah, freshman year of college!

I think it would be fun if you ever got a yen to do quizzes here, Mike. Lyrics aren't my forte! I would totally suck at that Guess the Song game.

Mr. D said...

By the way, Mike, this is such a good idea that I'm going to steal it. Sucka!

Mike said...

So no one is taking a shot at number 5? Guess my audience isn't into new jack swing. Guess I'll have to try a new edition of this some other time (another hint, but not as obvious as it may look).

Mark got 2, 3, and 4 correct. Gerry and Amanda got #1 right.

my name is Amanda said...

Haha, then you mean it's not New Edition? What about Bobby Brown?

And since I only know one song by Bobby Brown, I will put "My Prerogative."

I'm willing to accept that I could be very, very wrong.

Mike said...

Amanda, you're getting warmer. Not Bobby Brown, but another group that comes from New Edition (that is a big hint).

Mr. D said...

What is this New Jack Swing you speak of?

Gino said...

i suck at this stinger. i couldnt get a single one, and i'm not going to start with google.

Mike said...

Geez, where's Marge when you need her? I think she would get #5...

my name is Amanda said...

MIKE! I didn't read your update with the answers until just now. AND I came here exactly to guess Bell Biv Devoe - I SWEAR!!! It was because I was watching VH1 this weekend, the song came on - and I didn't hear the specific lyric, but I was going "HEY - I BET IT WAS THESE GUYS!!!"

Oh well.

My only excuse is that I didn't listen to much hip hop/R&B in high school or before, and we didn't even have a radio station that played that music in Western SD until I was 16.

*sigh*