Thursday, August 7, 2008

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet...

...til your last cigarette. Or, in Brett Favre's case, when Deanna "Yoko" Favre tells him to stop being one. As everyone in the civilized world probably knows, Brett Favre was traded to the New York Jets for a conditional draft pick.

This was probably about the best possible outcome for the Packers. Favre goes to the AFC, the Packers can finally move on with Aaron Rodgers, and the Jets become...about a 9-7 team with a shot at a wild-card berth.

This whole Favre saga has really angered me. He never should have retired in the first place. And, the way he and his handlers tried to strong-arm the Packers was bush league. But, the thing that really pisses me off are the pseudo-Packer fans around the Web that are declaring that they are no longer Packers fans because of this. To them, I say you were never real fans in the first place. I will gladly take your tickets off your hands, because I am a Packer fan until I die. I will go see them regardless of who the QB is.

However, I do wish Favre well in the swamps of New Jersey.

1 comment:

Gino said...

it seemd to me, that favre is the obama of the NFL: a messainic figure to some.