Sunday, April 5, 2009

Subways, baseball, and a run up the stairs


Went to the Braves-Phillies game tonight in Philadelphia. It was my first game at Citizens Bank Park, which is similar in design to Coors Field and other retro ballparks...in other words, outstanding. Especially in comparison to the Metrodome.


Tonight, the Phillies raised their 2008 World Series banner. This was a cool thing to see, and I got a look at the World Series trophy. It was bittersweet though because my Brewers were one of the teams Philly beat on their way to the title.


As for the game, the Braves beat the Phillies. The Phils couldn't really get untracked, and Derek Lowe pitched eight strong innings. When he was pulled after the top of the 8th, his pitch count was at or just under 100.


The other cool thing was that we took the SEPTA Orange Line from downtown Philly to the ballpark. I love a city with real public transportation options!


Tomorrow, we are still in Philly. Weather permitting, I plan to run up the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, just like the guy up top. Then, I can totally offset that at Geno's Steaks.

3 comments:

Marge said...

Sounds like you are having a blast, Mike! I hope you're taking lots of pictures!

my name is Amanda said...

You being gone has provided a nice break from searching high and low for round brown men wearing pink shirts, purple capes, yellow caps and eye mask disguises at the Uptown Lunds.

Mike said...

Amanda, you seem like you needed a break from the search. Happy to oblige!