Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Confession time

OK, so I have not done a lot of posting lately. I have said that it is because I have not been inspired to write much as of late. But, I have to be honest with my readership. Frankly, I have been distracted lately. You see, I met someone recently. Now, those of you who know me personally know that I tend to fall hard, and this is no exception. Her name is Becky. I have to tell you, I have never had anyone get me the way Becky does. I met her at the Y where I work out, and we clicked instantly. I have not felt this way for someone since I was back in Appleton and fell for someone (long story). The great thing is, she is pretty into me as well.

There is one thing about her though. She is somewhat political. She lives in Minneapolis, and has the politics of a typical Minneapolitan. She is pretty liberal. And, while I am pretty conservative, she has made me reconsider some of my core beliefs. Now, I know you may chalk this up to my being in love, but the reality is that she has a point on a lot of issues. I am working to convince her on some things too, but we'll see. The more pertinent issue at the moment is convincing her that the Packers are infinitely superior to the Vikings in every way.

So, my lack of posting will likely continue for awhile. I am not shutting Stinger Nation down, but it may take a different bent going forward. Hopefully you will all stick with me as I reevaluate some of my opinions. Because, one of the things I believe above all else, is that minds are like parachutes...they only work when they are open.

And to Becky, all my love, sweetheart. I'll miss you when I am on vacation.

9 comments:

Mr. D said...

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Good to hear, youngblood. Have fun on vacay and we'll talk then.

Marge said...

Is she from Albert Lea?

Does this have something to do with the date?

Laying it on a little thick, Brusker!

Anyway, love you! Have fun on the dream trip... can't wait to hear about it!

Mr. D said...

Yeah, I wondered about the Albert Lea thing, too.

Mike said...

Look, the fact that her name is Becky is a coincidence. She is not from Albert Lea. She went to Henry Sibley.

I can't believe my own sibs are crapping on my happy moment.

Marge said...

Mike, if your sibs won't crap on your happy moment, who will?

my name is Amanda said...

A political Liberal from Minneapolis?! She sounds lovely!

I find that I don't write as well when I try to force it, but also that practicing writing (and reading) make me more loquacious in writing. I would love to read the evolution of some of your opinions, should you feel so inspired - rather than not see you post until you have defined a new position. But I wouldn't say "YOU MUST POST."

Oh screw it: YOU MUST POST.

OK, just kidding. Good luck - with both endeavors. :)

Gino said...

"I would love to read the evolution of some of your opinions, "

me too.
because THAT is where the discussion lies.

Mr. D said...

Mike,

We're not crapping on your happiness. In fact, I'm delighted about it. Love is grand!

For those of you not tuned into family dynamics, when the proprietor of this blog first came to Minnesota to attend the U of M, we jokingly predicted that he would meet a girl named "Becky from Albert Lea while a student there. It is amusing but wholly coincidental that your new interest is named Becky.

Lighten up, Francis. Trust me, we're happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you Mike, and her too.