Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Screw you, Cupid

Well, we are quickly approaching the worst day of the year (in general...some days are personally worse), that being Valentine's Day. In honor of this wretched holiday, Stinger Nation will likely have another rant about why V-Day sucks. But, I'll need some tunes. I know a few, such as this, or this one, or even this. By the way, the third link has one of my all-time favorite lines: "Every time I kiss you I taste what other men had for lunch." I need more. I made an anti-love disc a few years ago, but may want to make another one this year. So help a dude out, won't you?

Even if you are in a happy, loving relationship, V-Day puts a lot of pressure on you. If you don't come through somehow, you are done. So, even for you, this day sucks.

5 comments:

Mr. D said...

The classic of the genre has to be "Song for the Dumped," by the Ben Folds Five.

And don't forget my black t-shirt.

Mr. D said...

I'd also suggest "I Guess I Showed Her," by the Robert Cray Band.

my name is Amanda said...

I've tried to think of some...but as it turns out, most of the music on my iPod is (1) love songs, (2) sad love songs, and (3) innocuous dance tracks.

So I'll keep ya posted. :)

my name is Amanda said...

All I have is girl music...but at least I didn't cop out and share nothing. Thinking of stuff like: "One Night Stand,” The Pipettes, “Shove It,” Santogold and "Je Ne Te Connais Pas," Prototypes (This is in French, so I don’t really know what’s about, but the title means “I don’t know you,” so I assume it’s about discovering your lover is an asshole, and it’s a hard rocking song anywho.)

Mr. D said...

Hi Mike - this is Jill, your sister in law. My song suggestion is not as ruthless as some of the other suggestions. One of my favorite lines that fits your blog post is from the Eagles song "Already Gone". The line is "And you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself."

Hope that your day is not so bad that you are listening to "Blue" by Joni Mitchell :)