Monday, July 7, 2008

Will he or won't he?


I haven't blogged about Brett Favre's waffling on retirement yet because frankly I am a little upset at his inability to make a decision and stick with it. Both Favre and the Packers need to figure this out, as Gene Wojciechowski states here.

I am torn on this. The Packers are a better team with Favre as QB. Of this there is little doubt. But, his going back and forth on this for year after year is tiring. It needs to stop. I just want a definitive answer one way or the other from Favre. Also, part of me wants to see what Aaron Rodgers can do.

The Packers have a lot of the pieces needed to make a run if Favre does come back and play at a good level (oh yeah Queens fans, there was more to the Pack than Favre in 2007). But, with Rodgers, they still aren't that bad. The Packer defense can keep them in games. Rodgers just has to be smart as a QB. He has a plethora of options at WR, and has an emerging star in Ryan Grant, as well as a potentially solid RB in Brandon Jackson.

I don't know...I just want this to end soon. It's taking away from my enjoyment of the Brewers season and Bucks offseason (which has gone pretty well).

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

You fooled me. When I saw the waffles I thought it was going to be an Obama post....

Mike said...

I am sure that's coming.