Friday, May 28, 2010

Where has Stinger been?

OK, so I've been gone for quite awhile (until this week). So, here's the story of the past several months explaining where I have been:

1. The first thing that really took me away from writing was something I hadn't done since high school, which is acting. I was, and remain, a recovering drama/band geek. So, I was in a play last fall, where I had a bit role in a Halloween-themed musical. The bit part did involve a singing/grunting duet (believe it or not, I did the singing). I have to tell you, it was amongst the most rewarding, fun experiences I have had in a long time. I definitely intend to act again, hopefully many times.

2. Facebook...frankly, that is a huge time-waster. But, you probably already knew that.

3. As many of you know, I was a carless wonder for a long time. But, last fall, I finally bought a car. 2004 VW Jetta, fairly low miles, got it for under $10,000. My increased mobility meant (and means) many more trips to Wisconsin. Less time for writing.

4. In 2009, I wanted to make a concerted effort to have more real-world interaction with people, and I was fairly successful in that. Again, less time for writing. By the way, part of the reason this was more successful was because of #2.

Anyway, I have decided that I want to try to post more often again (we'll see how long that lasts). There could be some significant life changes on the horizon, and I want to try to document those here. In addition, I will try to occasionally comment on happenings outside my own life, in the usual categories that interest me. Knowing my track record, I would give myself 30/70 odds that I do more than five posts between now and Labor Day.

6 comments:

Mr. D said...

Good that you're back!

Gino said...

i had given up on you.

Petercorp said...

I have to wonder how many of the posts that you make will be concerning the NCAA, and the number sixteen. I doubt that the word sweet will be used unless we are talking about those on the inside. Those that are on the outside will be talking basketball, but they will be less likely to use the word salacious either.

my name is Amanda said...

In general, I suppose real life interaction tends to be more meaningful...though I will always vote for more blogging! Welcome back.

Dan Thome said...

I suspect you were just waiting for the Brewers to have a 3 game winning streak before you posted.

Mike said...

Dan, I may be waiting again for awhile if my posting is dependent on Brewers wins. I sat through the 15-3 pounding they took against the Twins a couple of weeks ago. Guess I'll have to hope they win next time I am in Milwaukee.