Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Super Bowl in GB?

I read a little post from Michael Rand at the Strib, where some clownshoe reporter asked Packers president Mark Murphy about the possibility that Green Bay could host a Super Bowl someday, now that the new Giants Stadium is set to host in 2014.

Obviously this will never happen for many reasons, so why a reporter asked about it is beyond me. But, what gets me is the comments from Vikings fans below the post. Read those for your own entertainment.

Referring to the Packers as Pukers? Check.
People complaining about Wisconsin coverage in a MN paper? Check.
Reference to Mark Chmura's dalliance back in the 90s? Check (especially funny given the Vikings' propensity to fly in strippers from Atlanta for boat cruises)

No one has referred to them as a particular slur towards homosexuals yet, but I assume that's on its way.

My rejoinder to them is as follows: No, Green Bay will never get a Super Bowl. But, I take heart in knowing that once the Vikings move to LA, Minnesota will never get another one either.

Sorry that Vikings bashing is my first post back in a long time, but bashing that worthless franchise never gets old.

I should note that overall, I like Rand as a writer. His blog is fairly entertaining, and it's cool to see someone who worked at the Minnesota Daily when I was in school still writing locally.

On another unrelated topic, I just have to note that I got excited when I saw my last post had 12 comments despite saying nothing. Turns out there's three, and two are likely links to malware/viruses. So, you know, whatever.

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

I'm picturing the entire press corps staying in the Paper Valley.

Petercorp said...

This shows what you know, the Vikings are going move to Las Vegas. It is going to be crazy to have three teams in that City someday. Let us see how you like it when your beloved Green Bay Packers move to Black Creek. How do you think that you will deal with that one? Seriously, Welcome Back MH.