Monday, June 14, 2010

10 is 12, and apparently 12 is 10

After all the talk of superconferences and mass hysteria in the college world, this is a surprising, and admittedly a little boring, development if true.

Frankly, I think the remaining schools in the Big 12 did some serious capitulating to Texas in order to keep the conference from dissolving. I am amazed that schools like Missouri are OK with Texas starting its own network, and getting more TV money than they are. I think that's a high price to pay to stay out of the Mountain West (which will likely shrink back to 9 with Utah expected to move to the Pac 10).

But hey, if it means Jim Delany can continue to study further Big Ten expansion on his timetable, than all the better. 12 is a good number for now.

If things change, I am sure I will be posting about it. I continue to have fun talking about college conference realignment.

1 comment:

Dan Thome said...

Mike:

One of my best friends is the AD at Iowa State. I will let you know privately how much pain they are in to remain when I hear.