Monday, September 15, 2008

Yost is toast

I saw this at work today (link goes to the JSO Brewers blog), and let out a pretty audible "wow." Of all the things I thought would happen during the plunge into the middle of the division standings, I did not think they would pop a cap into Ned Yost, the now-fired Milwaukee Brewers manager. I mean, something had to be done as the Brewers were throwing their season away, but this? Hey, it's a ballsy move. I just don't know that it's going to help with only 12 games left.

I was thinking about a post expressing my disgust with the lack of hitting, horrific bullpen pitching, and inadequate starting pitching (save CC Sabathia). Changing managers won't change these things. If the Brewers are going to get their mojo back, maybe making Dale Sveum the manager will do it. But, the bottom line is the Brewers' players have to play. It's now or never. After 26 years of no playoffs, we Brewers fans deserve an October run. Like I said, firing Yost may not help. But, the Brewers braintrust has to keep throwing crap on the wall and hope something sticks.

UPDATE: I am listening to WTMJ radio in Milwaukee online, and there is a collective bemused "what?!" in the air in SE Wisconsin. This was definitely an odd move, so I understand.

1 comment:

Mr. D said...

We need more cowbell.